The Twelve-Factor App: How to build modern, cloud-ready web applications
Join Jess, Todd, and Chris as they discuss “The Twelve-Factor App”: a set of patterns and practices that are crucial to building modern, scalable, and “cloud-ready” applications. The 12 Factors will help you build web applications that:
- Use declarative formats for setup automation, to minimize time and cost for new developers joining the project;
- Have a clean contract with the underlying operating system, offering maximum portability between execution environments;
- Are suitable for deployment on modern cloud platforms, obviating the need for servers and systems administration;
- Minimize divergence between development and production, enabling continuous deployment for maximum agility;
- And can scale up without significant changes to tooling, architecture, or development practices.
- The Twelve-Factor App: The site that started it all
- Beyond the Twelve-Factor App: (free eBook) The follow-up book that expands on the original 12 Factors and adds some great real-world advice
After you've listened to the episode, we'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment below!