Join Jess, Todd, and Chris as they discuss "The Twelve-Factor App"
: a set of patterns and practices that are crucial to building modern, scalable, and "cloud-ready" applications.
The 12 Factors will help you build web applications that:
- Use declarative formats for setup automation, to minimize time and cost for new developers joining the project;
- Have a clean contract with the underlying operating system, offering maximum portability between execution environments;
- Are suitable for deployment on modern cloud platforms, obviating the need for servers and systems administration;
- Minimize divergence between development and production, enabling continuous deployment for maximum agility;
- And can scale up without significant changes to tooling, architecture, or development practices.