Automated Testing for Developers
In this episode, Todd, Jess, and Chris chat about automating developer testing. Some call it “TDD”, some call it “BDD”, but we just call it a good topic for a show! Join us as we talk about our varying experiences with creating, modifying, getting rid of, or even completely avoiding automated unit tests and how it’s affected us. In this episode, we mention the following great resources:
- Working Effectively with Legacy Code by Michael Feathers
- FitNesse - wiki and acceptance testing framework
- SpecFlow - BDD testing framework
And, here are some other great resources that we didn’t happen to mention but you should check out anyway!
- Test-Driven Development on Wikipedia (yes, it’s a great resource!)
- NUnit - .NET unit testing framework
- xUnit - .NET unit testing framework
- Selenium - Browser automation (acceptance testing) framework
- Learning TDD with Katas
After you've listened to the episode, we'd love to hear what you think. Please leave a comment below!